Friday, December 03, 2004

Illustration Friday- Bubble

Illustration Friday- Bubble

Living in a Bubble is an awkward attempt to describe that attitude that I realized I had for many years of my life- like I was untouchable in a way. I didn't think the dangers and disasters in life would seriously effect my world. I just floated above reality (in my own mind) without giving it much thought. I really wasn't aware of how devastating and harsh life in the real world could be.

Of course my bubble hit a snag and I was dropped and impaled suddenly and inescapably. Now I'm learning to heal and navigate through the perils of life. I'm finding that it's not all bad and what I've learned is helping me to become a more understanding and compassionate person.

I know, I know, I got all into it with this theme. That is one of the joys for me though, that I can use my art to articulate and communicate my ideas and experiences.

Now that I've done this little drawing with the bubble concept I have all kinds of ideas about how I can illustrate the idea better, Woo Hoo!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great concept! I love illustrations that communicate an idea.

Janee
http://www.trasler.typepad.com

11:33 AM  
Blogger jawjie said...

Oh, I like that! Also, I love the queen picture you have posted for November 28th. It's fantastic! :)

11:49 AM  
Blogger Patty said...

wonderful
be well -patty

12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love both the illo and your description of what inspired it...

violetismycolor

4:51 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Simply beautiful. I love the concept and your bubble is beautiful!


Lisa - cafelisa.com

9:04 AM  
Blogger Jessica said...

I love all of your drawings! Very unique and inspiring.

6:22 AM  
Blogger Sandra said...

So colorful and surreal! Very brave of you to share your feelings with us - it adds so much depth to your artwork.

9:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogs Illustrated
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random
Web Counters
Discount Christmas Gifts