Friday, December 17, 2004

The theme for Illustration Friday this week is Adoption.




This illustration has a personal story. Last May my husband and I took legal, permanent guardianship of our grandson, Tanner. We had always had him a lot, but this meant so much more, Tanner was 8 years old in August.
I drew this while learning to cope with the new changes to my life , adding another demanding life long obligation. We adore Tanner and I'm happy to say that for the most part we have made the adjustments necessary but it was rough for a while and I was trying to express that in this little illustration.




3 Comments:

Blogger Patty said...

hi sheila - your work is always great, but this is the best... cheers, patty

11:25 AM  
Blogger Leontine said...

I love this (the bird drawing). I envy your ability to contrast the very dense testures with open white space. Perfect!

4:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The bird drawing is great (and cute) - the details on the feathers are amazing!
Kathleen.
http://www.upsaid.com/silverfish

3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogs Illustrated
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random
Web Counters
Discount Christmas Gifts