Friday, February 04, 2005

Illustration Friday- Friendship

Illustration Friday- Friendship

I almost forgot to post my illo friday drawing :-/
I really wanted to say something about my relationship with my sketchbook, my friend. In the last year I've been with this friend daily and I've grown very fond of it. Inside I've done silly drawings, emotional drawings, and attempted to illustrate themes and I've enjoyed every minute. Usually it's the last thing I do each night, I've got my little drawing area set up in my living room and while I listen to whatever is on TV, glancing up occasionally, I draw and color and relax. So, in honor of my relationship with my sketchbook.....

I'm very anxious to see the other illustrations posted today but, drat!, I've got so much to do. Hopefully I'll get a look before the weekend is over.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,
I just walked over from Illustration Friday. Your work is just so fun! I love these imates. You will find my name under submission # 119, Mindy Wilson. It is my first Illo Fri. image.

Are you selling your images? How do you promote yourself?

Oh, Eagle Idaho...I am in Montana 80 miles from Sandpoint. Where is Eagle?

Mindy Wilson

10:39 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

I love this illustration. I am very fond of my journal as well. Wonderful drawing

3:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can relate! Great idea and illo.~www.rozzieland.blogs.com

5:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you have such a great style...

violetismycolor
http://valentinois.typepad.com

8:36 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Great post and illustration Sheila.
Michelle

11:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great idea. I feel that way about my sketchbook too. I love drawing daily in a journal. I like your colorful illustrations.

wynlen
http://www.wynledesign.no/english/

7:09 AM  
Blogger Sheila Hudson said...

Thanks for the nice comments! I'm glad to know that some of you can relate to my love for the sketchbook.

8:14 AM  
Blogger Joe said...

Sheila, great post and drawing! I don't no how you can do one every day but I love your work.

7:07 PM  
Blogger Sheila Hudson said...

Thanks Joe. I am getting to the point where I'm not sure I can keep up with the daily drawings. I used to have about 10 done ahead so if I could do one for a day I would still have one to post, but now I've only got about 3 ahead and that's not enough when life gets too busy. Boo. I can't seem to find the time.

2:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogs Illustrated
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random
Web Counters
Discount Christmas Gifts