Thursday, February 10, 2005

The Year of the Rooster

The Year of the Rooster

A day early but here is my illustration for illo Friday. The Year of the Rooster is the theme. I really enjoyed doing this little drawing this week.

We don't have results yet for the test mom had yesterday, it's still a wait and see. We do feel relieved that nothing blaring showed up right away.

Had fun last night going out with friends, we went to Red Lobster and ate to much and felt like slugs when we got home but since we don't do that often it was fun.

Today I'm going to go look for some furniture for my guest room, I had bought rattan for it but it never suited me so I sold it and now I want to find something eclectic and different. I'm in the mood to go look around for something so I'm off to town shortly.

Since we were out and I didn't get to do a drawing yesterday I'm getting more behind :-( A girl just can't do it all. I need to have a few days that I get 2 drawings done so I can catch up and have some breathing room.
I know, sort of boring blab this morning, sorry.

15 Comments:

Blogger Tulipland said...

Great colours! I really liked the rooster ..

10:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always like your illos. Your style is so unique and colorful.



violetismycolor
http://valentinois.typepad.com

11:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it as well. Especially the tail feathers. Guess I´m hooked to your drawing style in any case.

papunella
httü//papunella.twoday.net

11:10 AM  
Blogger farmerbob said...

I like your line quality. yummy!

11:44 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Great rooster, beautifully done.
Michelle

1:29 PM  
Blogger Kim's Suitcase said...

joyful, and beautiful

3:04 PM  
Blogger Ms Elle said...

Wonderful composition and execution. Love it.

3:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

absolutely fantastic.

4:01 PM  
Blogger Sheila Hudson said...

Thanks so much for all the nice comments, I really appreciate it. I enjoyed the theme this week!

4:12 PM  
Blogger Learningland3 said...

fantastic rooster! always love your style! an inspiration!

6:36 PM  
Blogger Kaarmor said...

Great, great blog. I Love your art and check it out almost every day. Thanks for all the good work.

7:27 AM  
Blogger Ellen said...

Very, very, very good! I give you an A+ (former teacher...sorry)!

8:26 AM  
Blogger Giao said...

Beautifuly rendered!

Gnome G http://www.xanga.com/gnomeg

10:14 AM  
Blogger Sheila Hudson said...

Thanks again to all of you for the kind comments. I've tried to look at all the entries but sure do find it hard to comment on very many since our numbers grow each week!

11:37 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Simply stunning! I love your use of color and line. As someone said, your style is so uniquely yours, and simply so beautiful. Wow...

Lisa - www.cafelisa.com

6:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogs Illustrated
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random
Web Counters
Discount Christmas Gifts