Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Abstract Drawing - Rant of a Spoiled Brat

Abstract Drawing - Rant of a Spoiled Brat

Today I am feeling a bit low, not sure why but maybe it's because my project is finished and the next stuff I've got to do is just mainly household drudgery? I am not a lazy person, in fact I can be quite ambitious but the older I get the more I just want to do specific things and to heck with all the rest, anybody feel like that? I find it harder and harder to give myself pep-talks for getting things like housework and yard work done. I've taken the advice of some wise souls and not fussed over my living space as much as I used to but it does eventually get too far out of my comfort zone and then it gets me down while at the same time I just want to do what pleases me (art of course.) And yes, I recognize that this is the rant of a spoiled person and what I'll actually do is get moving and do the work in my nice home and take care of things like a responsible adult. I'm just expressing how I FEEL.

Today I've already got the washer and dishwasher going and I'll be cleaning bathrooms too :-/ I also have a meeting with the director of the gallery and a lady who is interested in having me do a commission.

I really don't know what to expect. I guess it's a wait and see situation, we'll be having lunch there at Rembrandt's while we visit and see if we can come to a meeting of the minds. Should be fun actually :-)

So anyway that's my story for today. If I sit here at the computer very long it will all fade away into empty talk won't it?

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi ya
i'm in a training class all week, but isn't nice to blog rant... empty talk, i'm not sure...

does writing it get it out in the open and give it some validity?

i think it is wonderful that we have freedom of speech to do so

enjoy your meeting...
i can so relate about housework i think i'll rename me blog to akacinderella ;)

have some fun
patty

10:59 AM  
Blogger Sheila Hudson said...

I don't know if writing it helps but some days I just have to write what I'm feeling. I try to be positive in my blog most of the time though.
I suppose it must seem like a cage to have to be in a training class all week if you want to be doing something else, is that how you are feeling?
Glad you stopped in Cinderella!

11:15 AM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

oh sheila I think I would just die die DIE right on the spot if anyone saw the condition of my house right now! I want my time to do what I want to do, not chores! However I believe my laziness with housework hinders my creativity: how can I be creative when in the back of my head all I can think of is the pile of bills on the kitchen table or the stack of newspapers or the floor that hasn't been mopped in over a week?!! I feel SO MUCH BETTER when the house is in order. But I'll tell you one thing: if I could afford it I would definately hire a once a week maid!!! :c ) Carolyn

6:58 PM  
Blogger Sheila Hudson said...

I feel the same way, if my house is a disaster then I feel like my mind is cluttered and it's much harder to settle down and create art. Bleh. And it's so much harder to keep it up if it gets too far out of control.
I made some progress today and I feel pretty sure that I'll get it done tomorrow. Then I'll be hard to live with if the guys get messy. I don't want to have to clean up after them.
If I can find someone that doesn't charge an arm and a leg I think I'll get a helper to come in every other week. My neighbor has a gal that she uses and likes. I'm not rich but I feel like it would help me so much it would be worth it.
Down with Housework, down with housework :-(

8:33 PM  
Blogger Deirdre said...

I don't think you're being a "spoiled brat" at all. Housework (unless you're one of those people who enjoys doing it - and does anybody actually know one of those people?) is a pain in the neck, and the arms, and the back, etc. :)

Cover the mess with pictures, Sheila! (I don't know whether this is a good strategy, but it makes me laugh to think of it.)

Best wishes.

7:13 AM  
Blogger Sheila Hudson said...

Deirdre that makes me crack up too. How perfect, just do more art and set it in front of the piles of clutter, lay it over the dusty coffee table, paint directly on the inside of the windows so the dirt on the outside doesn't show...
Perfect!

10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogs Illustrated
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random
Web Counters
Discount Christmas Gifts