Saturday, April 23, 2005

Christmas Card design, in April?

Christmas Card design, in April?

Well yes, I've been using my sketchbook to work out ideas for a possible lino cut Christmas card design. Some are not really very good, or maybe I should say I don't think I'd use them after all. I like the Santa better than this one although this one might be nice if I used a few different colors.

Paul and I went out for breakfast this morning, it was a day when we didn't have to get up early (Tanner is with his mom) and it was so nice. Now he's going roping and I've got quite a few hours to work on my Found: In Japan project. I've printed the first color and now I've got a lot more carving to do before I can print the second color. I suppose the carving will take up my time today. I am going to take pictures of each stage of the color process.

Tonight we are going to the PBR! Don't know what that is? It's professional Bull Riding and it's here in our area right now so we have tickets and will be there screaming with the rest of the fans tonight. For those that didn't realize it, my husband and son are both cowboys, team ropers actually. I'm glad they don't ride bulls but we do enjoy watching the bull riding and have done so for many years. Tanner is going to bring a friend that has never even been to a rodeo before, should be fun for him.

Well that's all for now, hope you are having a great weekend :-D

2 Comments:

Blogger Cin said...

loving all the linolium cuts Shelia, especially the Santa came out well, can't wait to see more this medium suits you !

4:59 AM  
Blogger Sheila Hudson said...

Thanks Cindy, I've got a new one posted on my live Journal, the link is there to the right.

7:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogs Illustrated
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random
Web Counters
Discount Christmas Gifts