Friday, April 08, 2005

Jazz-show piece

Jazz-show piece

Another Pastel painting, this is JAZZ, it's apx. 26" x 19" on black paper.

I like this piece a lot but it's seems so simple and uncomplicated compared to the acrylic paintings that it sort of stands out. I think that it may have been a better idea to show pastels in a different show than the acrylics and mosaics.

Today I will be going into Tanner's class to teach a little art lesson, I've planned to do potato prints, it will be fun! Strangely enough, I will have to buy some potatoes because I'm all out. It's goofy to be out of potatoes isn't it? I always think of potatoes as something that's always there in the pantry.

I enjoyed doing the linoleum print yesterday and I've got another one planned out. I learned a lot just doing that one: how much ink to use, that damp paper works best (thanks Ann), that every little cut shows up on the print, etc. I still have lots to learn, I don't know how to do more than one color and how to register them correctly when I do more colors and lots more things that I don't even know that I don't know. KWIM? I'll be going to the library to get some books on printing soon :-D Learning is a very good thing.

My daily drawing last night was a plan for a lino cut- there is nothing like a sketchbook to work things out huh? Have I mentioned that I love my sketchbook?

Nothing like pushing things to the last minute, Paul and I finally got to the work on tax preparation again last night and we are almost finished- just a tiny bit left to do and the whole thing goes to the accountant! Whew. Now if we could just get the weed spraying done I would feel relieved.

That's all the blab for this morning.

1 Comments:

Blogger jenna said...

Found a lot of useful info on your site about tax preparation - thank you. Haven't finished reading it yet but have bookmarked it so I don't lose it. I've just started a tax preparation blog myself if you'd like to stop by

10:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogs Illustrated
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random
Web Counters
Discount Christmas Gifts