Monday, April 11, 2005

A Much Better Lino Block Print

A Much Better Lino Block Print

The ink is still wet and glistens but I just couldn't wait to post this one because I got it right! I feel like I don't have as much control as I'd like, perhaps I need to learn to use the tools better or maybe there are tools I don't know about. Anyway this is so much better than the one with backwards words :-D

I printed 8 and only 2 are good, 2 I like even though they aren't perfect and 4 are not good at all. I'm learning. This time I used Mulberry paper and didn't have to dampen it.

Now I'm looking forward to doing another one!

3 Comments:

Blogger Deirdre said...

Hello!

Looks like you're really having fun with the lino cuts now. I like the one with the back-to-front writing. It makes me think of looking through a glass door, watching someone walking away (perfect for a "Miss You" theme).

And those mosaics are fantastic (my favourite bit of this page) - really strong and lively.

5:22 AM  
Blogger Mick said...

Hi Sheila,
LOL...I like what Deirdre had to say. When you get lemmons, as they say, make lemonade, eh? That, somehow, reminds me of a rubber stamp that Michael Leigh of A1 Waste Paper, Co in the UK did of a globe. He got the small erasercut completed quite nicely and quite backwards! :D Rather than chuck it he simply called the piece "World of Difference". Anyway, I love this piece. Good job!

3:26 PM  
Blogger Sheila Hudson said...

Thank you! I guess I've been making art long enough that the blunders don't get me down. It is kind of funny. My daughter who is attending the School of the Art Institute said she would be honored to recieve this little 1st print of mine as a gift. She said it seems to be a right of passage for a printmaker to get the lettering backwards. (She's a printmaker) Still, I had to do another one for her (and to prove to myself that I can get it right)
Thanks for your comments I'm honored.
Sheila

3:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogs Illustrated
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random
Web Counters
Discount Christmas Gifts