Thursday, April 07, 2005

My Lino Cut

My Lino Cut

This is certainly nothing to rave about, it's a first and I have lots of questions about how to do it right. Anyway it was fun and I want to do another soon.

The ink is still wet and I can see a glisten that looks like white spots- and there are a few white specs where black should be too.
I did this with dry paper, is the paper supposed to be damp? I can tell ones mind must be trained to see dark where normally you would think light and vice versa.

3 Comments:

Blogger Anonymous said...

You will NEVER forget your first linocut! Hang onto it forever. A first print to be proud of, I like it. I print lino with dry paper, some have it very slightly damp; it depends on the ink, weather etc... some of which you might discover by your third linocut.

10:46 AM  
Blogger Sheila Hudson said...

Oh Thank you! I talked to my daughter who is a printmaker this morning and she said the reason I needed to dampen the paper is because I was using BFK Rives paper which she doesn't use for relief printing. She said to get a different paper so today I got mulberry paper for the next print.
I'm learning already!
Thanks for the input, I really appreciate it.

12:49 PM  
Blogger Cin said...

I love the look of linocuts, like your first attempt here, your bird is fun !

1:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogs Illustrated
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random
Web Counters
Discount Christmas Gifts