Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Organizing Chaos- Show Piece

Organizing Chaos- Show Piece

This is my favorite piece in the show, it's title is Organizing Chaos and the title came to me a year after it was painted and I realized what most of my abstract work is about. I did most of these paintings that are in the show at a time when I felt life was very chaotic and I knew when I was painting that I was trying to accomplish something besides make a painting but I just couldn't pin it down at the time. Then one day as I was just mindlessly looking at this piece it came to me!
The painting is 30" square (unframed), acrylic on Arches #140 cold pressed paper. I was also working with color theory on this piece and limited myself to Red Orange, Blue Green, Yellow Green and red violet: a quadratic chord.

I got an appointment with a Podiatrist this morning so I'm going from dropping Tanner off at school to the doctor and then to the market. What fun?

Anyway, I'll be back later!

2 Comments:

Blogger Deirdre said...

You know those really old stained glass windows? You look through the glass and everything on the other side looks wobbly and out-of-shape and coloured? That's what this piece reminds me of. It's lovely.

8:28 AM  
Blogger Sheila Hudson said...

I see what you mean! Thank you. I miss having this one in my home so much!

1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogs Illustrated
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random
Web Counters
Discount Christmas Gifts