Monday, April 11, 2005

Pent-up Another Show Piece

Pent-up Another Show Piece

Are you just plain sick of this show? Hope not because there are still a few more pieces to show you.
This is a collage with acrylic, ink, rice paper and gesso on Arches 140# cold pressed paper. The size is 21" x 29" and the title is Pent-up.

So today is back to the normal routine and I'm ok with that. I will be home working on things until it's time to take the little guy to Kung Fu lessons. I'm really into learning to do a nice lino block print so I'll be working on that today when I should be doing some household chores. Oh well.

Also making an appointment with a podiatrist because I have been having trouble with pain in my heel for quite some time and it is making it impossible to walk enough to exercise. Really a frustrating thing and I hate to have to go to a doc but I can't continue to sit so much, it's not good for the health or the weight problem. Boo. It makes me sick to type that out actually.

I have been missing Holly so much, talking on the phone is just not the same as being together. We used to go out to the Flying M coffee house once in a while and drink coffee and draw together or go to the art supply together and just enjoy being together. I wouldn't want her to be here and give up going to SAI but I wish she were closer, KWIM?
She went to some doctors last week and got the usual "bum's rush" from a couple but one of them actually tuned into the idea that she probably has Ankylosing Spondylitis . (Holly did not suggest it either) We figured this out about a year ago at least but the local doc said she needed to have it for about 10 years before it could be positively diagnosed which was very frustrating. (Men can be diagnosed with a blood test but not women) Actually it makes me grieve tremendously to consider this but in one sense it is much better to be sure of what is going on. It explains the Osteoporosis too and hopefully they will get her started on meds to combat that right away. I've been feeling a little low lately and I'm sure this is the reason, Holly is only 29 and it's pretty grim to have this kind of health problems at any age.

So anyway, now that I've spilled my guts I guess I'll go and cheer myself up by checking on you guys who are always busy with creating art and chatting away about what's up with you.

2 Comments:

Blogger Cin said...

love this piece !

and doctors do seem to take forever to diagnose, hope all goes well with Holly (your daughter ?)

1:31 PM  
Blogger Sheila Hudson said...

Thanks again. Yes, Holly is my 29 year old daughter. Doctors drive us wild and yet we need them. Bleh.

1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogs Illustrated
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random
Web Counters
Discount Christmas Gifts