Friday, April 22, 2005

Printing and what I've learned so far

Printing and what I've learned so far

So I worked for hours yesterday on my "trial run" lino cut. I am so glad I did this because I've learned a lot and I'm sure the next one will be better. What have I learned?

1. It's good to do a bit of experimenting with the inks before printing so color choices are carefully considered before hand.
2. Registration is really hard and I think I can come up with a better way to do it than the one I've got.
3. How much ink on the block is too much and how much is not quite enough.
4. How the ink acts when it's getting too dry to use.
5. Why it gets more difficult to register the more colors you use.
6. It takes a lot of energy to do lino cuts and prints.

I've printed 3 colors and I only have one left to do so I'm hoping to show you a print before I have to go and teach art in Tanner's class.

That's it for now, I'm trying to hurry so I can finish this project.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogs Illustrated
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random
Web Counters
Discount Christmas Gifts