Saturday, May 14, 2005

Friday the 13th in retrospect

Friday the 13th in retrospect

I had a totally quiet day yesterday, ended up not needing to do the art class and was home the whole day until after 8 pm when Paul and I went out.
I really didn't use my time alone very well, I was on the computer goofing off, putzing around the house, having lunch on the deck for the first time this year and even taking a nap. It was relaxing but not very productive. I'm not complaining though because we all need days like that sometimes. Friday the 13th was a good day after all!

Today I have to take Tanner to have his baseball pictures taken and I'm going to pick up some stuff to plant in my garden too. I always do tomatoes and some herbs but I want beets this year too because I love to make Borscht and the beets in the stores are high priced and small. I have 2, 8 foot, square gardens, in one I plant a few veggies and in the other I plant flowers for cutting and bringing in all summer. My first choice for cut flowers is Zinnias so I will try and get those. My son Daniel and a friend are going to get my garden spots all ready to plant and do some other yard work for me as a Mother's Day present. So I'll be working outside some also, it's always more fun for me if there's someone else out there.

Last night Paul and I had a nice time going out to the Dead Blobster (Red Lobster) for dinner. We really enjoy being together and enjoyed the good food too. Tanner stayed with his dad last night so we got to have a quiet morning too. Now Paul has gone to a big, competitive roping for the whole day and maybe into the night. He was so excited, it would be incredible if he won the Dodge truck that's up for grabs! (the odds are pretty slim though but we still hope) Paul is a good roper and has a wonderful horse but there will be hundreds of teams to compete against. I may go by and watch some today just to make him happy.

Can you tell I'm feeling a little less depressed today? I woke up this way, dunno what's different but I'm glad the cloud has lifted a little. (I wrote about depression in a locked post the other day.) I'm getting so tired of fighting the depression demon, takes the fun right out of life. Hopefully I can keep feeling better for a while until it goes away completely.

Holly will be here on the 28th!!!!! She and Elton will only be here that one night and then going on to Portland for a wedding but then they will be back for a month or so, I am very, very pleased. Holly and I are going to do some art together while she's here, among other things of course.

3 Comments:

Blogger Knitting Painter Woman said...

Your day sounds like many I have. Thanks for your Prayers for Thelma.
If I can find my food series of watercolors I may post them as part of IF "nutrition"... I liked your coffee picture. May write more... but need to get through emails and see if I can reconcile @#$%ing bankstatements.

2:47 PM  
Anonymous janey said...

I really love your work and thanks so much for visiting my site. I'm a constant visitor to yours.

5:15 PM  
Blogger Sheila Hudson said...

Painter woman you and Thelma are welcome to my prayers!
I've got your site and Janey's site marked and I visit almost every day.
Thank you Janey!

1:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogs Illustrated
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random
Web Counters
Discount Christmas Gifts