Saturday, May 21, 2005

Happy Birthday Dad, Barnes and Noble etc.

Happy Birthday Dad, Barnes and Noble etc.

Today is my dad's birthday, he was killed in 95 but I always remember his birthday and enjoy reminiscing about him.
This is a detail of a piece I did right after he died, it's called Grief.

Yesterday I did not "get it done" like I said I was going to, instead I was quite unproductive and put it all off until today. :-/ Oh well, it sure did wait for me.

Paul and I went out last night, ate on the patio of a great barbeque place and then browsed around Barnes and Noble. I love B&N, I've had so many nice times in there with my mom, my mother-in-law, Holly.... When I walked in last night I had that delicious nostalgic feeling which was brought on first by the fragrance of books and then as I passed the coffee bar it was the rich scent of coffee and finally because of all the people browsing, engrossed in looking at books and talking quietly if they talked at all.
I was looking for and found a book about illustrating children's books. I'm trying to find out what it takes to illustrate a story and see if I can give it a go. I also found a great book about drawing cars (in the bargain isle) and bought a book for Paul also. When we went in he was encouraging me to hurry so we could get home and watch a movie but then he got engrossed and forgot about that. ****grin****

I'm feeling better today than I was yesterday (depression) so I'm doing my on-line stuff quickly so I can get started on other stuff and be done this evening. I hope you all have a great weekend!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Sheila

Just a note to let you know that this "Grief" work is overwhelmingly striking.

Thank you for sharing it with us.
Patty

2:30 PM  
Blogger Sheila Hudson said...

Thank you Patti, I did it back in 96 and hadn't shown it here before, it's getting some great responses.

5:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogs Illustrated
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random
Web Counters
Discount Christmas Gifts