Friday, May 27, 2005

Just a Friday

Just a Friday

A couple more book plate ideas, the bottom one is unfinished of course but I like the design.

Holly and Elton drove in about 2:30 yesterday afternoon and we got right to the Margaritas on the deck and caught up with them on what life has been like the last several months. Later we went to Tanner's last baseball game and then out for Mexican food at our favorite place. It was a nice evening. They are leaving this morning for Portland and won't be back for a few days.

I'm strongly thinking about going car shopping today. I've been driving the little Saturn station wagon that was Holly's for the last several months and I want to get back into an S.U.V. I like the gas mileage on the Saturn, 31 miles to the gallon, but I don't like the lowness and a few other things. We'll see if I can find something I like better for a reasonable price.

It's supposed to get to almost 90 degrees today. I strongly dislike hot weather so I'm not happy about that. I know, I know, better get used to it. All the lovely green will be singed to a golden brown in short order, I'm so glad we got to enjoy the green for a longer time this year.

I think I may get to check in again later.

3 Comments:

Blogger Shell said...

How do you cram all this art into your busy life? Sounds fun, I loooove mexican food and haven't been to a mexican restaurant in aaages, and now I am drooling just thinking about it. I know what you mean about the hot weather. In summer here (it is now winter) it can reach up to 38 or 39 degrees celcius - it can get to 40 but that is a really odd day, and an awful one too. The average temp in high summer would be about 33 to 35 with high humidity. I think the humidity is the worse, it just makes you feel so icky. Anyway, I'm babbling on....I love your 'aquatic' illustration and the angel a few entries down. Marvellous!

4:56 PM  
Blogger anonymous said...

This really doesn't have to do with anything, but I like all your art work. They're very unique, and have a certain style about them that's interesting.

6:51 PM  
Blogger Sheila Hudson said...

shell, the only art I've been doing are my daily drawings. I have a huge back log of paintings that I show here but none are actually new besides the dailys and the lino cuts.
I'm just getting ready to stretch some paper and paint some abstracts or start on some pastel paintings. Hopefully this week I'll finally get to it. Life just keeps getting in my way!

Hope you got some mexican food to satisfy that craving. We have a favorite little place where we dine regularly and it's really great food.

Fortunatly here we rarely have much humidity, I live in the high desert and the air is quite dry.

Thanks for the compliments on my work!

12:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogs Illustrated
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random
Web Counters
Discount Christmas Gifts