Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Running Around and Neon Cowboy

Running Around and Neon Cowboy

Yesterday I was gone for so long, arg, when I go into town it seems like one thing leads to another and I don't get home till afternoon.

Went to doc, got shot in foot, foot wrapped with tape and instructions to get a different kind of arch support. The shot wasn't bad and if it works then I should start noticing tomorrow. The tape is to keep the ligament from stretching so it can get some relief.

So I went directly to the Healthy Step store and got some killer inserts, they are so aggressive that I could only wear them for a couple of hours yesterday. Then a highlight, Paul met me for lunch, we just went to Subway because we are trying to loose some weight. The doc also told me that the cute, red shoes I was wearing are not sturdy enough (they are sort of like running shoes only they are really not functional for that) so I did a bit of shopping for a better pair. I didn't buy any because I have good shoes already but I did a bit of shopping none-the-less. :-/
Then I had to pick up Tanner's prescription (controlled substances can only be dispensed by picking up the prescription once a month which is such a pain! Concerta is what he takes). Finally I stopped and got some roses that I've been wanting for 2 years. This is the one I got it's wonderful it's called Neon Cowboy. I got 4 of them to go along my driveway, may need more, we'll see after the 4 are planted.

Today I am pretty sure I've got to go pick up the paintings that have been scanned to make giclees and then take them back to be re-framed. Seems like I'm always running around town these days.

So anyway, that's my story. The only art I'm getting done lately is my daily drawings and I'm not even totally up to date on those. Hope you guys are having a great week and being real creative!

7 Comments:

Blogger Carolyn said...

Hi Sheila.
I love today's drawing!
You are WAY TOO BUSY WOMAN! :c )
Aches & Pains story:
I have heel spurs, so I went to the doc for the pain and he said he's give me a cortizone (sp?) shot. So I'm in the examining room waiting and this girl walks in. I said "Oh, are you here to give me the shot?" to which she replied, "No, I'm here to hold you down!"
My eyes shot out of my head like ping-pong-balls and I said "well if somebody has to hold me down for a shot it'd better be somebody bigger than you!"
HAHA!
Actually it wasn't so bad.
You need to plan a "Sheila day" on your calender or at the rate your going you'll never get one!
Take care!
Carolyn

6:53 PM  
Blogger Shell said...

Oh dear - sorry to hear about your foot. It sounds really uncomfortable and icky all round. I said it before, but I really love your drawing style, it's so unique. I agree with you - is there anything more lovely than a tree? There are gorgeous trees as my new home, a big liquid amber being one of my favourites. I hope your foot heals quickly!

11:05 PM  
Blogger Sheila Hudson said...

Hi Carolyn,
I do feel like I'm too busy right now, today I'm draggin'. I spent another large portion of a day shuffling paintings between printers and framers again today and also did some other errands. I am really in the mood to stay home and paint.
So you have the dreaded PF too huh? That's funny about the nurse, geesh!
A good "sheila day" to me would be staying home in a clean house. Fat chance until I get around to cleaning it. Drat, all this busy-ness means lots of things get neglected.

And Shell, thanks for the sympathy, PF is a painful thing. I'm hoping it's all over soon.
Also, thanks for the compliment on the drawing- just think what the world would be like without trees.

4:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi sheila
love your tree, it is gentle and relaxed... something i strive to be:)

have a good weekend and take it easy if you can, patty

8:22 AM  
Blogger Sheila Hudson said...

Thanks Patti. I strive to be those things but a lot of the time I'm like a rubberband stretched tight. I guess I'd better try harder...er... that's why I'm like a rubberband stretched tight. I guess I need to practice just being.

10:26 AM  
Anonymous janey said...

I had a corizone shot for tennis elbow and it was more painful then the tennis elbow. This is beautiful. What size are your drawings? Are they all doen with colored pencil?

4:01 AM  
Blogger Online Poker Society said...

free pokerJoin our Online Poker Society Blog-Myspace Profile!@... Learn to play poker like a pro.. become as good as professional poker players and make poker your main profession at
: http://blog.myspace.com/pokerings

2:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogs Illustrated
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random
Web Counters
Discount Christmas Gifts