Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Holding the Sun


Holding the Sun
Originally uploaded by Sheila Hudson.
This is the hands of my friend David, he's crocheting an afghan for his son Judah. I loved the way the light is lighting up his hands and work. I wish it had been more clear but this was the best I could do. He was sitting in a dimly lit living room with a shaft of sun over his shoulder.



I farted around with most of the day today, ran errands that needed running but goofed off a bit too. Oh well, I guess I'm just in the mood to be irresponsible and unproductive. I didn't even come home until about 3:30 and I had left at 8:20 this morning for my workout.



It's another pretty day although it's over 80 degrees, still puffy bright clouds in a blue sky and lots of green around because of the rain. I didn't take my camera with me today, I hate to leave it in my car, I protect it because it's so precious to me.



I'm reading a book called, When I Relax I Feel Guilty, I need to have a new perspective on life. I need to learn how to relax and enjoy, to play and to be quiet. I think the book is going to be helpful. It's by Tim Hansel.



So that's all the blab for now, I'm off to check in on all of you and to do some research on the glycemic index as well as my back problem which is called an Antero Lysisis (Or something like that).

3 Comments:

Blogger Carolyn said...

The picture is beautiful. So peaceful...
The book sounds interesting! I am a total believer in quiet time, I'll actually say it to Chris if he gets "buggy"! I'll say, "it's quiet time now" and he totally respects it and once or twice has said it to me too!
:c )
Lately I have felt so rushed. Tomorrow is my day off and I have so many things I need to do, sadly none of them involve drawing time.
I admire your commitment to getting those workouts in... what's good for the body is good for the soul... and it will reflect in your artwork. BTW, I'm looking forward to seeing your new abstracts that you've been talking about. Ever consider showing them while in progress?
Take care!

7:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous pic of David holding the sun!

Gycemic index, ick... too much sugar, not enough sugar?? try to rest and eat proteins (says a girl who loves chocolate and chips)
if i find anything, i will send

patty

8:49 AM  
Blogger Sheila Hudson said...

Thank you Carolyn. The book is pretty interesting so far, I just need more "quiet time" to read it more, lol.
I think you can't help but be rushed when you are planning a wedding and working and all.
I'm sticking with the workouts because it makes me feel better and I need to loose some weigh, well quite a bit of weight actually. So far so good. Thanks for the encouragement.
I will show some progress shots of abstracts if I ever get to paint. I know I keep talking about it but I just talk and don't get to it. I feel frustrated and yet unable to begin. Hopefully soon.
So glad you checked in to say hi!

11:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogs Illustrated
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random
Web Counters
Discount Christmas Gifts