Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Nose to the Grindstone


Nose to the Grindstone
Originally uploaded by Sheila Hudson.
Yesterday was so nice, quiet and I got things done. Today I've been to the gym and pool and done some business stuff on the phone but this is the first time I've sat down at my computer (1:00 PM) Geesh.

Tanner has done his reading and is now playing nicely by himself since his little friend can't play. He's really a pretty easy child to live with.

I'm going to have to run to the framer again to drop giclees off to be stretched and framed- and do that before Kung Fu lessons. It's so nice that I had a quiet, stay at home day yesterday.



I'm so glad I don't have to worry about being bored!

6 Comments:

Blogger Carolyn said...

Sheila, I love this drawing. I like the circular way it flows.

4:37 PM  
Blogger Sheila Hudson said...

Thanks Carolyn. It is actually about lifes intrusions, the things that force their way or are invited into our lives that fill our time and energy up and keep us from finding that quiet space that we need to be emotionally healthy.
Sometimes I do stuff that isn't easy to interpret. Still, I think it turned out good even if the meaning isn't plain. I'm glad you commented on it.

9:28 PM  
Blogger me said...

shelia,
this piece is so gorgeous..it took me loking at it three or four times to see everything that was going on...i love it...especially the bright colors all springing out of the b/w background :)

the studio opening went really well ...except that everyone told me i needed a bit better signage...and they were right...so i ordered a "now open" banner...hopefully that will help a bit with drawing in drive-by-ers!

i have pictures...but i can't figure out how to "post to blog" with flickr. When I go on other peoples pages there is a "blog this" button..but not on mine.

Any suggestions?

xo
Hollie

5:32 AM  
Blogger me said...

p.s. i just read your description of the meaning of the piece...it's great, and a feeling i've certainly had before...but i have to tell you ( and maybe it is just because i need this today) it made me think more of a seed pushing out life and beauty...or a brin filled with things waiting to get free...with everyone expectantly watching...isn't it funny how we see things in other peoples work that relate more to what we are feeling at the time...

5:35 AM  
Anonymous Laura said...

This is beautiful. I love the intricacies of it. I admire your style.

12:31 PM  
Blogger Sheila Hudson said...

Hollie, I like your interpretation of the drawing far better than my own. And I think it's true too. Another facet perhaps.
Glad you got the flickr thing worked out.
And thank you Laura for the compliment.

3:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogs Illustrated
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random
Web Counters
Discount Christmas Gifts