Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Quiet Tuesday


Quiet Tuesday
Originally uploaded by Sheila Hudson.
This little drawing is about how trouble can start out small but multiply and get bigger and more complicated. As it gets bigger it sinks lower and lower and becomes more difficult to manage. I think the drawing is too pretty to convey that meaning.



Tanner has gone with his dad to work today and Paul left early which leaves me to be productive if possible. I've already straightened up the house, prepared the ingredients for tonight's tacos, watered the potted plants on the deck and gotten the water going in my garden. So far so good.



I'm going to take a little time to see what you guys are up to and then work on some art in my studio. My daily drawings have not been happening, I'm only getting one or two done a week lately, I'm trying not to be too frustrated about it, I guess all good things must come to an end, or at least a slow down. Anyway, I've got other projects that need to be taken care of and have priority.



It's supposed to be 90 degrees today! I guess summer was bound to get here eventually but I've enjoyed the cool spring weather so much this year I hate to see it end.

2 Comments:

Blogger Carolyn said...

Hi Sheila!
Hey, don't fret about the daily drawings, I've found that a few days off really helped me. I don't want the drawing thing to be another "quota" I have to be accountable for. My little breather was quite refreshing and I think you'll feel the same way after you settle into your summer routine (with Tanner being out of school and the other things you have going on.) I'm sure when you get back into your "zone" you'll bang out some killer stuff and it will feel fun and thrilling and productive!
:c ) Carolyn

7:28 PM  
Blogger Sheila Hudson said...

I know you are right, thank you. I've been in such a habit of doing the drawings that it feels weird to let it slide but really I must.
I'm pretty sure I'll be painting very soon and that will fill me up!
Thanks for the encouragement.

9:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogs Illustrated
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random
Web Counters
Discount Christmas Gifts