Sunday, July 24, 2005

Old Work


Old Work
Originally uploaded by Sheila Hudson.
I think this is one of my first abstract watercolor paintings. When I look at it now I still kind of like it, especially the colors. It's from 1993!



It has been such a long day today! After church I went with Paul to a clients house and they happen to be having a garage sale. I got a wonderful deal on a really nice espresso machine that grinds the beans, measures them out and makes great shots with ease. It had only been used once, had been $475 from Starbucks in 1995 (she had the reciepts and all parts) and I got it for $85!!!! It's one of my all time best garage sale finds.



When we got home I had to start doing laundry and stuff to get ready for our trip and I've been on my feet most of the day. My feet are killing me because yesterday I played racket ball with Tanner and hurt the poor bone spur/ plantar faciitis foot pretty bad. I haven't confessed to Paul because it was such a stupid thing for me to do. It was lots of fun until I felt something in that foot tear or give out in some way. It was like a knife jabbed into the heal and it's not stopped hurting much since. Geesh, I'm such a dork! I'll be icing off and on all evening.



So tomorrow I'll be doing the same as today, getting ready to go. Still not spending more than a few minutes on the computer each day, just too busy. I suppose realistically it will be a couple weeks before I have time to get back into catching up.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Karen Winters said...

I really like your abstracs so much, Sheila. It looks like a colorful winter snowstorm with multicolored snowlakes!

10:56 PM  
Blogger Sheila Hudson said...

Thank you Karen. I like your description of the piece.

11:38 AM  
Anonymous janey said...

Watercolor? It looks like gossamer... very Mid Summer's Night Dream. Just beautiful.

7:41 PM  
Blogger Sheila Hudson said...

Thank you Janey, it's fun for me to see how other people feel about this piece. I think I appreciate it more now.

12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogs Illustrated
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random
Web Counters
Discount Christmas Gifts