Friday, September 23, 2005

Feeling a wee bit Cranky


Feeling a wee bit Cranky
Originally uploaded by Sheila Hudson.
Silly rant ahead, skip if you aren't in the mood to read dumb stuff:



Here's why I'm feeling cranky: When I go to the Y I start class at 9 am (that is the earliest I can get there after putting Tanner on the bus) and by the time I get out of there it's 10:45. Then invaribly I've got some kind of errands to do in town, today pick up a birthday present for a party Tanner will attend on Saturday and go to Costco for the snacks for the soccer team tomorrow since it's my turn. Well of course I need to stop and get lunch too. Finally I stopped at Paul's office to pick something up for him and came home. When did I get home? Almost 3 o'clock. Tanner get's home at 3:55. So any time to get my own things done has to be late in the day after doing the after school snacks and then there is dinner to prepare. Do I sound like a big whiner? I am, I can see that I need to make some changes because my frustration level is getting higher and higher. I live nine miles from the nearest town and about 25 miles (through town and traffic) to Costco. The problem is that I can't do all my errands for the week in one day and still get home for Tanner getting off the bus.



I say to myself that I am taking time to work out 4 days a week and that is just for me but I want to do more stuff and I don't want to do my things after Tanner gets home all the time. Yea, I know this is a dumb rant but I feel better for having written it down.



However, the good thing is that Tanner is a sweet little guy, Paul is a great husband, I have a wonderful home and lots of blessings. I just get a bit frustrated with time management.



Geesh, what a pathetic post. At least there is a funny drawing for your viewing pleasure.

4 Comments:

Blogger The Whippy Curly Tails said...

Hi .... I love your artwork.

You will laugh at this, but my brothers name is Paul and one of my cats name is Tanner...I call him Tannie Man. Maybe just funny to me that you have a Paul & Tanner too.

Any Shirley or Blackies in your house? <: -)

Good luck with the workout...again, your art is beautiful! =^..^=

8:16 PM  
Blogger The Whippy Curly Tails said...

I have added you to my blog roll.

Go to On My Bicycle to see your link. I hope that is ok.

Can't wait to see your next piece of work...take care.

8:26 PM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

Hi Sheila! I'm back!
Oh I SO CAN RELATE to your rant today!!! I don't think you are being a whiner at all. It's SO frustrating! I have felt just as you do a million times and I don't even have a little guy to look after!!!

You have made many positive changes in your life lately, and I'm sure you will find a way reorganize the crazy errand running stuff so you can have at least 1 day a week where you can use that time between the workout and Tanner coming home for YOURSELF.

I just stopped in to say hi (I'm taking a break from writing thank-you cards). BTW, my wedding went exactly as I dreamed and hoped it would. Fun honeymooning--- our cruise ship had to avoid the horrible Hurricane Rita. Talk to you soon!

6:39 PM  
Blogger Sheila Hudson said...

I think it's funny that you have a Paul and a Tanner too! I bet your Tanner is not as mouthy as mine though! I don't have any Shirleys or Blackies but we do have a dark horse we call Dally, lol.
We call Tanner "T" or T-boy a lot. In fact his soccer jersey just has a T on it because there is another Tanner on the team.
Thanks for stopping in Carolyn, and for the encouragement. It's getting better around here. I'm having a better attitude which helps. :-/

4:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogs Illustrated
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random
Web Counters
Discount Christmas Gifts