Monday, February 20, 2006

Loss


Loss
Originally uploaded by Sheila Hudson.
This drawing is about how difficult I find it to get to that quiet place of inner contemplation. There are so many things that break into my attempts for solitude, so much complexity in life.



This morning Tanner and I dashed off to the "Y" and enjoyed our time there. As I usually do, I called Paul when I got out of there to tell him what was up next on my agenda. It was so sad to hear that he had gotten the call that our friend Bob Huckins had died at 1:30 this morning. This is my friend that was the gallery director at Drop Leaf Gallery in Rembrandt's Coffee House. We have known Bob and his wife for quite a few years, Bob had been Holly's spiritual father in many ways and Paul had sold he and his wife their home. I'm not sorry for Bob who I believe has now looked into the face of his Savior, but I am heart sick for the loss of his wife and family as well as many close friends, etc. He was a good man and will be so missed.



Now I'm off to try and reply to quite a list of comments and e-mails. Hmmm, they do build up when I don't take time on the computer.

2 Comments:

Blogger Carolyn said...

So sorry about the passing of your friend!

8:48 PM  
Blogger Sheila Hudson said...

Thanks Carolyn.

11:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogs Illustrated
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random
Web Counters
Discount Christmas Gifts