Friday, March 17, 2006

Happy St. Paddy's Day


Happy St. Paddy's Day
Originally uploaded by Sheila Hudson.
Anybody fixing Corned Beef and Cabbage? I'm not, actually I've never had it and would like to try it. My mom was born in Ireland but as far as I know she's never made the dish. There are other things that are distinctly Irish that I grew up with but Corned Beef and Cabbage is not one of them. Steak and Kidney Pie, Soda Bread, Potato Bread and a few other things, even kidney soup were around when I was growing up and as I recall I liked them. (Well, maybe not the Kidney Soup which smelled like urine as it simmered :-( ) Tonight we are going to an open house and I'm not sure if it's a St. Paddy's theme or not, it would be fun if it is.



I'm staying home most of the day today which feels pretty good to me. I've been neglecting stuff around my house and if I get just a little of it done I'll feel pretty good.

Haven't started a new embroidery yet, just having a hard time deciding what to do. It's ok, we are going to take a little trip during spring break and I want to have a project to work on during that time. We are going to see Paul's folks and brother, we haven't been to see them in ages and this is the right time for us. (We will arrive on the anniversary of the murder of Paul's sister 4 years ago, we hope that helps his parents to split their focus a little and gives them some cheer.) I would also like to go and see Holly and Elton but just can't fit it in at this time. I would like to spend the next 6 days getting things in order so when we leave I will feel good about how I left things and be happy when we get back. We'll see, lately I've been giving in to whims and not taking care of business like I should.



That's it for now, I've got some stuff that needs done this morning and I'm going to make myself do it.....

1 Comments:

Blogger Earn A LifeTime of Income From Anywhere! said...

Appreciated your thoughts. Thanks and visit us at Christmas Cheer

7:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogs Illustrated
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random
Web Counters
Discount Christmas Gifts