Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Summer Sicky


Summer Sicky
Originally uploaded by Sheila Hudson.
I missed going to the Y both yesterday and today, bah! I've got one of those nasty summer colds so I'm laying low today until time to go bowling just after lunch.



I've been getting things ready to start school but not moving very fast. Got some curriculum ordered, got some research done, started preparing a place in my studio for the actual classroom. There are some really exciting things about homeschooling that get us looking forward to it. For one, we can take field trips and stuff while teaching that give us opportunities to see stuff that we would normally miss during the school year. More time to pursue what we really are interested in! I think Tanner is starting to get into it also!



As far as art is concerned, I am going to keep trying to do drawings on a regular basis but I am going to try and do them with the written word too so it will be a form of journaling in a more deliberate way. We'll see how it goes. I've been journaling without drawing and it's been taking so much time that it's frustrating. I want it to be accomplishing more, to give me a chance to work on creative writing and drawing at the same time. Dunno if it will be possible but that's the goal. I think it will be interesting to document what we are going through as we start out on this new adventure of home schooling.

1 Comments:

Blogger Andrea said...

Summer colds are the worst ... I have escaped without one. Knock wood. This flower is very alive! The way the red changes to blue outside the square is fantastic! I really love your work. Would you be into a trade?

11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogs Illustrated
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random
Web Counters
Discount Christmas Gifts